God’s purpose for all His children right from creation is that we enjoy our lives. His word says: “Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun- all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.” (Eccl 9:9 NIV)
In this series, we will be looking at 3 keys areas that every lover in marriage should grow so as to enjoy their love relationship. They are:
- Social Enjoyment
- Spiritual Enjoyment
- Sexual Enjoyment
Let’s start with Social Enjoyment:
The word of God makes it clear that we are social creatures. (Gen. 2:18, Heb. 10:24-25). Do your best therefore to have solid social interaction with your wife/husband. Part of the things we suggest you do to grow your social enjoyment are:
- Re-affirm your love to each other. Don’t be tired of saying “I love you” as often as you can; even if you believe s/he knows you do; its still important to hear it reaffirmed.
- Do things of interest together. Develop interest in things that interests your lover.
- You can also do some bits of eating-out, bathe together, walking out together; etc.
- Do a great deal of talking together. But take to heart the Biblical admonition in Col. 4:6; which says that you should speak sweet words. Further, don’t lie to each other, it builds trust. Col 3:9 says: “Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds.” ( KJV)
- Make efforts to spend time with each other, by ensuring that you don’t sort of exchange relay baton in your way to work. Don’t live for work, work for a living. The incident of child was narrated to us recently. The story went that she saw her dad at home around mid-day and she couldn’t just figure out why. So she went to him and asked: “Dad, you lost your job?”
Part 2 of the series will follow soon. Thanks for reading.